A cost effective alternative to traditional guarding.
Live-in Guardians are a cost-effective alternative to traditional guarding and can complement Secure Empty Property's physical and electronic security responses.
Property guardians live normal working lives. They provide free of charge protection and give a lived-in feel to the building – residential or commercial. We normally install an alarm system to the vacant property for additional security when the guardian is out at work.
Vacant property guardians occupation can allow a significant cost saving on empty property rates making guardians highly cost effective over an extended period.
- Reassuring and visible security presence on site. Provides security through occupation
- Early notification of building maintenance or security issues
- Low cost and flexible alternative to static guards
- Guardians used in conjunction with the Ultra alarm system providing 24-hour security and fire protection
- Helps deliver corporate CSR and social value
- Can offer mitigation of empty property rates
- No requirement to isolate and drain-down services
- Maintains the property condition
Suitable where the property is likely to be empty for 6 months plus, Empty Property Guardians ensure the property remains in occupation, stays fully maintained and can preserve the market value.
The Guardian has a vested interest in the property so will report any deterioration, leaks or security issues. You may even qualify for a discount on the rates that you are paying for your vacant premises.
A monitored, temporary alarm system with permanently live smoke detection is installed at every Guardian protected property to provide security when the Guardian is at work. So security levels are maintained 24-hours a day.
Guardians are allocated an area of a property as their own to live within. All properties should have running water, electricity and be in reasonable condition. Secure Empty Property can sometimes convert a property to be suitable for occupation including the installation of showers or cooking facilities. A full risk and fire assessment is conducted during the survey stage to ensure suitability of each property allocated to a Guardian.
The process is quick and easy fully managed by Secure Empty Property. Guardians are closely vetted before occupation and meet the following criteria :-
- Be in full time demonstrable employment.
- Have a bank account
- Have no children living at the property.
- Undertake a DBS (previously CRB) check on any criminal history.
- Provide proof of address and identity.
- Sign an agreed occupation licence authorising the temporary occupation of the property (this is not a tenancy agreement)
- Agree to a Code of Conduct
Any breach of the licence terms results in immediate revocation of the occupation licence. A Property Guardian has no tenancy rights for the duration of their stay.
In addition, a monthly inspection report is submitted including meter readings and a property condition report.